Welcome to Docton Mill Gardens & Tea Rooms
OPEN MARCH 15th to OCTOBER 5th 10am -
GOLD MEDAL AWARD WINNING FLOWER GARDENS
VOTED BEST CREAM TEA IN DEVON
VOTED BEST TEA ROOM IN NORTH DEVON
Docton Mill Tea Rooms & Gardens, Hartland, North Devon, UK -
- Entry to Garden £4.50 Adults -
£4.25 OAPS - Children U18 Free (Height Barrier 2.3m)
- Voted Best Tea Room in North Devon at the North Devon Food & Drink Awards
- Gold medal winner at Devon County Show
- Voted Best Cream Tea in Devon, at the North Devon Food & Drink Awards
- Spectacular display of narcissi in spring
- River walk with displays of naturalised narcissi, bluebells and wild garlic
- Superb bog garden as described in Rosemary Verey’s book, "Good Planting"
- Extensive herbaceous border of over 140m
- Wild flower gardens
- Award winning Tea Room serving light lunches with speciality salads, all food sourced locally -
(There is no entry charge to use the Tea Room) Last Teas 4:30pm
- Dogs allowed on short leads
- Plant sales area
- RHS Partnership Garden every Saturday throughout the season
Docton Mill Wild Flower Gardens are situated in North Devon (UK) in a stunning valley, 1000m from the coast. The Garden started in the 1930’s but fell into disrepair in the 1970’s. 1980 saw the Mill renovated and Garden cleared with extensive planting and the creation of a new Bog Garden and borders, vast numbers of trees were planted. The start of the new Millennium saw developments including a new Magnolia Garden with large Herbaceous borders, Woodland Garden and Greenhouse area enabling more extensive plant propagation.
The Wild Flower Gardens theme is to make everything as natural as possible. In spring there are displays of narcissi, primulas, camellias, rhododendrons, azaleas with bluebells covering the woods. In summer the garden abounds with roses, there is a rose bank of Felicia and Pax and adjacent to this is the Herbaceous border. In this field there are 25 varieties of magnolia -
truly a garden to give variety throughout the seasons.
For directions to our beautiful wild flower gardens in Devon please click here
Devon is famous for cream teas and Docton Mill Gardens is no exception. We have a beautiful tea room, supplying local, home grown produce (including a seafood salads, rolls and variety of desserts) and, of course, cream teas. Please follow the link for more information on our Devon tea room.
Due to the topographical layout of the garden, it is unsuitable for people in wheelchairs or with serious walking disabilities. Please telephone 01237 441369 for further details.